Philly Cheese Steak Braid
Todd English Pro-Smart Grill
- 1T olive oil
- 1lb. skirt steak, thinly sliced
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- ½ green pepper, seeded, membrane removed, and thinly sliced
- Pinch flour
- 1 tube crescent roll dough, 8oz.
- ½c mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cooking spray, as needed
- 2T melted butter
- Add olive oil to a frying pan and sauté the sliced steak over a medium heat for 4–6 minutes.
- Add the onions and green peppers to the pan and cook for an additional 5 minutes, then set aside.
- Dust a cutting board with flour. Unroll the crescent dough onto the cutting board, shaping the dough into one large rectangle that will fit into the Air Fry Basket.
- Spoon the steak mixture in a strip down the center of the dough and top with cheese.
- Using a sharp knife, make cuts 1½ inches apart on the long side of the dough, within ½ inch of the steak mixture.
- Twist each strip once, alternating while crossing over the filling. Tuck the short ends of the strips under and press together to seal.
- Spray the Air Fry Basket with cooking spray. Place the braid in the Air Fry Basket.
- Press Menu and use the START/PAUSE dial to select Menu Preset 25. Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating. Once preheated, the unit will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to insert your food.
- Open the door. Brush the braid with melted butter and slide the Air Fry Basket into Position 2. Close the unit to begin cooking Stage 1 (375˚F for 10 minutes), after which the unit will beep three times, alerting you to brush the braid again before the unit moves on to Stage 2 (400˚F for 3 minutes). When finished, the unit will beep three times and display “End”.
- Carefully remove the braid and place it on the cutting board or serving tray. Cut the braid crosswise.