Philly Cheesesteak Braid
- 1 lb skirt steak, thinly sliced
- 2 T melted butter
- 1 T olive oil
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- ½ green pepper, seeded, membrane removed, and thinly sliced
- ½ c mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 (8-oz) tube crescent dough
- Cooking spray
- Add olive oil to a frying pan and sauté sliced steak on medium heat for 4-6 min..
Add onions and green peppers to pan. Cook for an additional 5 min.; set aside.
- Dust a cutting board with flour.
- Unroll crescent dough onto cutting board. Shape dough into one large rectangle that will fit onto Brio Mesh Tray.
- Spoon steak mixture in a strip down the center of the dough. Top with cheese.
- Using a sharp knife, make cuts 1½ inches apart on the long sides of the dough, within ½ inch of the steak mixture.
- Twist each strip once, alternating while crossing over the filling. Tuck the short ends of the strips under and press together to seal.
- Spray Mesh Tray with cooking spray. Place braid onto Mesh Tray.
Brush braid with melted butter. Place Tray with braid in position 1. Cook at 350°F for 12-15 min.
- Once cooked, carefully remove braid and place on cutting board or serving tray. Cut braid crosswise.
Use any meat, cheese or vegetable for a variety of fillings.