Prickly Pear Glazed Roast Pheasant
- 1 pheasant, skin on
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 c water
- ¼ c prickly pear syrup, or any other syrup
- 1 sprig sage (optional)
- 1 t cayenne powder
- In a bowl, mix salt and water together. Whisk to dissolve salt. Pour over pheasant in another bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 4-8 hrs.
- Remove pheasant and pat dry. Season bird inside and out with salt and pepper. Place sprig of sage (optional) into pheasant’s cavity. Dust pheasant with cayenne pepper.
- Place the bird in roasting pan. Insert Probe into thickest part of breast. Set Probe to 165°F.
Preheat the Bravo to 375°F. Place in bird with pan and cook until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached. When the Probe temp reaches 160°F (before cooking time/temp ends), brush bird with prickly pear syrup to glaze. Continue cooking pheasant.
- When done, remove bird. Loosely tent with foil and let rest 10 min.
Serve with roasted carrots, wild rice, or roasted potatoes.