Roasted Summer Vegetables
Todd English Pro-Smart Grill
- 1 small heirloom zucchini, sliced ¼-inch, lengthwise
- 1 small heirloom eggplant, sliced ¼-inch, lengthwise
- 1 organic yellow pepper, quartered, seeds removed
- 1 organic red pepper, quartered, seeds removed
- 1 red onion, quartered
- ¼c extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Balsamic vinegar glaze (bottle), as needed
- Press Menu and use the START/PAUSE dial to select Menu Preset 40. Place the plug-in Grill into the unit in Position 1. Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating. Once preheated, the unit will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to insert your food.
- While the unit is preheating, in a bowl, mix the vegetables, rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Open the door and arrange the vegetables on the hot plug-in Grill. Close the door to begin Stage 1 (450°F for 5 minutes). The unit will then beep 3 times.
- Open the unit and flip the vegetables. Close the door so the unit will move on to Stage 2 (450˚F for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are slightly soft and lightly charred). When finished, the unit will beep three times and display “End”.
- Remove the vegetables from the plug-in Grill and place them on a serving platter. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and then serve and enjoy.