- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, fat trimmed off, meat cut into bite-sized pieces
1½ teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl, mix soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, honey, rice vinegar, and garlic; set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix beaten egg with cornstarch and season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken to mixture, tossing to coat all the pieces.
Bring Wok up to 425°F. Once hot, add oil and swirl to coat the Wok.
- Add chicken and stir-fry for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the sauce to Wok, toss with chicken, and continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions. Serve.