Short Ribs & Root Vegetables
- 6 (3-lb) uncooked bone-in beef short ribs, trimmed of excess fat and silver skin
- 2 T sea salt, divided
- 2 T fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, peeled, chopped
- ¼ c Marsala wine
- ¼ c beef broth
2 T brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 2 T fresh thyme, minced, divided
- 3 carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 parsnips, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 c pearl onions
- ¼ c fresh parsley, minced
- Program the Duet for combo cooking: Press “COMBO COOKING”. Press “PRESSURE”, then press “SEAR”. Press “TIME” and set for 13 min. Press “PRESSURE” and set to high. Press “TIME” and set for 40 min.
- Press “COMBO COOK” a second time. “air fry” will be displayed. Set temperature for 350°F. Press “TIME” and set for 15 min. Press “PRESSURE”, then press “SEAR” and set time for 5 min. Now the Duet is programmed for combo cooking.
- Season short ribs on all sides with 1t salt and 1t pepper. Press “START/PAUSE” to begin to sear. Heat 1T oil in the pot for 3 minutes.
- Add short ribs to pot and cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
Add onions, wine, broth, brown sugar, garlic, 1T thyme, ½ t salt, and ½ t pepper to pot.
- Place on Duet Pressure Cooker Lid. Make sure the pressure release valve is in the “CLOSE” position. Press “START/PAUSE” to begin pressure cooking.
- In a bowl, toss carrots, parsnips, and pearl onions with remaining oil, thyme, salt, and pepper.
When done, quick release the pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the “OPEN” position. Carefully remove Pressure Cooker Lid when Duet has finished releasing all pressure.
- Place the reversible rack inside pot over ribs, making sure rack is in the higher position. Place vegetable mixture on rack.
Place on Duet Air Fryer Lid. Press “START/PAUSE” to begin cooking for 15 minutes.
Once vegetables are tender and roasted, transfer vegetables and ribs to a serving tray. Tent loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Press “START/PAUSE”. Bring liquid in pot up to a simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer liquid to bowl and let sit for 2 min. Using a spoon, skim off top layer of fat. Stir in parsley. Serve sauce with vegetables and ribs.