Soup of the Seven Seas
- 2lbs whitefish (tilapia, grouper, or snapper), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1lb shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 4oz mussels, shelled
- 4oz calamari, sliced
- 8oz octopus tentacles, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 small blue crab, cut, quartered including shell
- 1c onions, diced
- 1c green bell peppers, diced
- 1c fresh epazote*
- 2c diced tomato
- 2T lime juice
- 1t sea salt
- 8c fish stock or chicken broth cilantro, lime, and hot sauce (served on side)
- Women who are pregnant or nursing should not consume epazote. Small children should not consume epazote.
Set to "sear" and add onions, peppers, and epazote. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add whitefish and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add calamari, shrimp, mussels, octopus, and crab.
- Add lime juice, stock, and tomatoes. Close lid and lock. Set to "soup" and adjust for 12 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Serve in bowl and add your toppings. Serve cilantro, lime, and hot sauce on the side.