Nutri-Pot Pressure Cooker
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c fresh corn kernels
- 1 green bell pepper, small dice
- 2 c long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1 (10-oz) can tomatoes, diced
½ (4.5-oz) can chilies
- 3 c chicken stock
½ t ground cumin
¼ t ground turmeric
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed, drain
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, adjust time to 10 minutes, and press "start/stop". When hot, add onions and garlic. Cook until onions are soft and tender.
- Add corn and green bell peppers. Continue cooking and add rice. Stir everything together. Add tomatoes, chilies, chicken stock, cumin, turmeric, and black beans. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "rice", adjust time to 7 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, natural release, 5 minutes, then do a quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and fluff rice with fork. Serve hot.