Spicy Chicken Soup
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 (14-oz) jar salsa
- 6 c chicken stock
- 2 (14.5-oz) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T chili powder
- 2 T parsley, dried
- 2 (14.5-oz) cans black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (10-oz) bag frozen corn, thawed
Set pressure cooker to "sear", press "start/stop", and add oil. When hot, add onions and sauté until onions become translucent. Add garlic and sauté an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken breasts, salsa, chicken stock, tomatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and parsley to the pressure cooker.
- Close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "soup", adjust time to 8 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid. Remove chicken and transfer to a flat cutting surface. Dice or shred chicken and return to the pressure cooker.
- Add beans and corn. Stir. Season as needed with salt and pepper and ladle into serving bowls.