Spicy Spaghetti Sauce
Sauces, Jams & Condiments
1-½ qts servings
- 1 lb Roma tomatoes, seeded, rough chop
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 chili peppers, seeded, small dice
¼ c tomato paste
- 1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 3 T sugar
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 t oregano, dried
- Place tomatoes into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, set aside.
Set to "sear", press "start/stop", and add oil. When oil is hot, add onion and sauté until golden brown. Add garlic and chili peppers and sauté an additional 2-3 minutes. Add tomato paste and stir to coat vegetables. Sauté an additional 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients.
- Close and lock lid. Set cooker to "soup", adjust time to 15 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release. Make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and stir.
- Allow sauce to cool. Pour into a bottle or jar.