Thai Fish Burger
1 lb boneless, skinless cod fillet, roughly chopped
- ¼ c Thai red curry paste
2 T cilantro, finely chopped, plus extra (for 2c cilantro leaves)
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 3 T salted peanuts, chopped
- 2 t sea salt
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 T granulated sugar, divided
1 clove garlic
- 1 Thai chile, stemmed
- ½ c warm water
2 T fish sauce
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced on the bias (at an angle)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat Bravo and set to broil at 500°F.
- Combine cod, curry paste, cilantro, and kaffir lime leaves in bowl of a food processor or blender. Combine and transfer to a bowl. Stir in peanuts and salt. Divide mixture into 4 patties, 1 inch thick.
Spray both sides of patties and season with salt and pepper. Place in enamel baking pan. Insert Probe and set to 145°F. Place on cooking rack in position 2.
- Set to broil at 500°F for 3 min. Flip, and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until an internal temperature of 145°F reached.
- While cooking, place ½ T sugar, garlic, and chile on a cutting board and roughly chop everything together. Using a side of a knife, scrape and press down on the garlic-chile mixture into a rough paste. Transfer paste to a medium bowl. Whisk in remaining sugar and ½ c warm water. Whisk in fish sauce and lime juice. Toss with whole, 2c cilantro leaves, cucumber, and red onion.
- To toast buns, open each and spray insides of halves with cooking spray. Place on cooking rack in position 2 and set to broil for 2 min., TOP only, until golden brown.
- When done, remove burgers. Place fish burger on bun and top with ¼ of the salad.