Vegetarian Baked Beans
- 3 c Great Northern beans, dried, rinsed
- 3 c vegetable stock
- 1 onion, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, small dice
½ jalapeño pepper, small dice
- 1 (6-oz) can tomato paste
½ c molasses
¼ c dark brown sugar
- 1 T yellow mustard
- 1 t apple cider vinegar
½ t freshly ground black pepper
½ t chipotle chili powder
- Sea salt
- Add beans to pressure cooker along with enough water to cover beans.
- Close and lock lid. Set to "beans" and press "start/stop".
- When done, allow pressure cooker to naturally release, 30 minutes. Then quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and strain beans. If there is any liquid, reserve 2c liquid. Return beans to pressure cooker pot along with 2c reserved liquid. If there is no reserve liquid, replace with 2c water.
Add vegetable stock, onions, garlic, green peppers, jalapeño, tomato paste, molasses, dark brown sugar, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar, ground pepper, and chipotle chili powder.
- Close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "beans" and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid. If too much liquid is present, leave uncovered, set to "slow cook", and adjust for 1 hr to reduce down.