Biscuits and Gravy
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 T granulated sugar
- 1 t sea salt
- 6 T unsalted butter, chilled (very cold)
- ¾ c whole milk cold
- 1 lb sage-flavored pork breakfast sausage
- ¼ c all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ c whole milk
- ⅛ t crushed red pepper
- Preheat Bravo to 350°F.
Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Mix well. Cut very cold butter into flour mixture using a pastry cutter. Combine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cold milk to flour mixture. Use a spoon to stir until just combined.
- Transfer biscuit dough to clean, well-floured surface. Using hands, gently work the dough together. Once the dough is cohesive, fold in half over itself. Using hands, gently flatten to 1 inch thick.
- Press a 2 ¾-inch-wide biscuit cutter straight down into the dough, making close cuts, and drop the biscuit dough in greased 10-inch nonstick round roasting pan. Repeat for remaining biscuits dough. Make as many that will fit in pan, 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake in Bravo at 350°F for 8-10 min. or until tops are beginning to just turn golden brown.
- While baking, place sausage in a skillet on medium-high heat. Cook, crumbling the sausage until no pink remains. Do not drain skillet. Sprinkle ¼ c flour evenly over sausage crumbles. Cook 1 additional min. longer until the flour is absorbed.
- Slowly pour milk into mixture in skillet, stirring. Add crushed red pepper and cook, stirring until mixture is thickened.
- When biscuits are done, remove, slice in half, pour gravy over biscuits, and serve.