Broiled Butt Steak with Truffle Butter
Bravo XL Oven
- 2 (10-oz) butt steaks
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 10 cloves garlic, roasted
- ½ lb unsalted butter, softened
- 1 t white wine vinegar
- 1 t cayenne
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
For Truffle Butter
- Thoroughly combine softened butter with garlic vinegar, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Roll with plastic wrap into a log shape, 1 inch in diameter. Refrigerate 2 hours or until compound butter is solid. Make 1 day ahead, if possible.
- Preheat Bravo and set to broil for 500°F.
- Remove steaks from refrigerator and bring up to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Spray enamel baking pan with cooking spray. Place steaks in baking pan. Insert Probe thickest part of steak. Set Probe to 120°F for medium-rare.
- When done, remove steaks and let rest 5 min. Place slab of garlic butter on meat and let melt to infuse flavor. Serve immediately.