Buffalo Quinoa Burgers
- 3 T peanut oil
- ¾ c finely chopped onion
- ½ c finely chopped peeled carrot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ c water
- ⅓ c uncooked quinoa
- ½ c panko bread crumbs
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1½ c chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large egg
- 2 T hot sauce
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat Bravo and set to broil at 500°F, TOP only.
- Heat up a saucepan and add 2 T oil, onion, carrot, and garlic. Sauté 3 min. Add water and quinoa and bring up to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 18 min. or until liquid is absorbed.
- Place cooked quinoa onto a large plate to cool, about 5 min. Combine quinoa mixture, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, chickpeas, and egg in a food processor. Pulse until chickpeas are slightly mashed and mixture comes together. Shape quinoa mixture into 4 1/2-inch-thick patties.
Spray both sides of patties and season with salt and pepper. Place in baking pan and place on cooking rack in position 2. Set to broil at 500°F (TOP only) for 2 min. Flip, and cook for 2 additional.
- To toast the buns, open each and spray insides of halves with cooking spray. Place on cooking rack in position 2 and set to broil for 2 min., TOP only, until golden brown.
Place burger on bottom halves of buns; mix 1 T and hot sauce, top evenly with hot sauce mixture, lettuce, tomato, and top halves of buns. Serve.