Butter Toffee Cookies
- 1 c butter, unsalted, softened
- 1 c sugar, granulated
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
2½ c all-purpose flour
- 1 c toffee bits
- Cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
Stir in flour, mixing until fully incorporated. If dough appears too dry, add 1 t water at a time until it comes together. Fold in toffee bits.
- Divide dough in half and place on top of a sheet of plastic wrap. Form each piece of dough into a log, about 6 inches long and 1½ inches in diameter. Wrap each log with the plastic wrap and refrigerate dough rolls for 1-2 hours or until nice and firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line enamel baking pan with parchment paper.
- Remove plastic wrap from rolls and cut into ¼-inch slices. Place slices about 2 inches apart on baking pan. Bake for 8 min. or until lightly browned.