Butternut Squash Risotto
3 lbs butternut squash, peeled and seeded, 1-½-inch cubes
- 4 T extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2 sprigs sage, leaves removed
- 3 c vegetable stock, divided
- 1 yellow onion, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 c Arborio rice
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 4 T butter
- 2 T maple syrup
- Parsley, rough chop (garnish)
Bake squash in an oven for 40 minutes at 350˚F. Coat squash with 1T oil, salt, pepper, and sage. When done, transfer the squash to a blender along with ½c stock and blend to a smooth puree.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear" and add remaining oil. Add onions and garlic and begin to brown. Add rice and chili flakes and cook until evenly coated with oil. Stir in remaining stock and close and lock the lid.
- Set pressure cooker to "rice" and adjust for 6 minutes.
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open the lid and stir the rice and liquid until a creamy texture appears. Once this happens, stir in squash puree, butter, and maple syrup. Once risotto has reached desired consistency, serve and top with parsley and enjoy.