Cauliflower Curry Soup
- 4 T coconut oil, divided
- 1 head cauliflower (florets)
- 1 yellow onion, small dice
- 2 T Thai red curry paste
½ t lemon zest
- 4 c vegetable stock
- 1 (14-oz) can coconut milk
- 1 t sugar
- 3 t rice vinegar
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 T fresh basil, rough chop (garnish)
¼ c scallions, thin slice (garnish)
Set pressure cooker to "sear", add 2T coconut oil, adjust time to 15 minutes, and press "start/stop". When hot, add cauliflower. Sauté, moving florets constantly until golden brown. Remove cauliflower and place on plate. Separate, reserving some florets for garnish.
Add remaining coconut oil and add onions. Sauté until onions are translucent.
Add curry paste and lemon zest and sauté an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Return cauliflower to pressure cooker, reserving some for garnish. Add vegetable stock, coconut milk, and sugar.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "soup" and press "start/stop".
- Carefully open lid. Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth. If using blender or food processor, remove soup and blend well, and then return to cooker. Add rice vinegar, sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Stir. Garnish soup with cauliflower florets, scallions, and basil.