Chianti Braised Short Ribs
PIC Induction Cooktop
- 4 short ribs, bone in
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup carrots, roughly chopped
- ½ cup celery, roughly chopped
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup Chianti
- ½ cup tomatoes, quartered
- 3 bay leaves
- 7 rosemary sprigs
- 10 cups beef stock
- Season ribs with salt and pepper and toss in flour.
- Heat oil in Pressure Cooker on Max/Sear for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 short ribs at a time to Pressure Cooker, browning all sides.
- Remove browned short ribs and set aside, repeating process with remaining ribs.
- Add carrots, celery, onion and garlic to Pressure Cooker and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add Chianti to deglaze bottom of Pressure Cooker.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaves and rosemary to Pressure Cooker.
- Add beef stock and ribs to Pressure Cooker.
- Cover and lock in push plate.
- Turn pressure regulator to 2 for high pressure.
- Once pressure has built, lower PIC to 350°F and cook for 45 minutes.
- Turn pressure regulator to steam release position to quickly release pressure.
- Unlock push plate and remove lid.