Chicken Niçoise Salad
PIC Induction Cooktop
- ¼ cup red wine vinaigrette
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup red onion, small dice
- 8 ounces green beans
- 4-5 new potatoes, cubed
- 2 (8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 heads Boston lettuce, chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (2.8-ounce) jar or tin anchovies, drained (optional)
- ¼ cup Niçoise, Kalamata or black olives
Dijon Vinaigrette Ingredients
- Add all vinaigrette ingredients to large NuWave Twister cup.
- Attach flat blade to cup and pulse until emulsified. Set dressing aside.
- Add ½ inch worth of water to large pot and bring to boil on Max/Sear.
- Add salt and potatoes to water, cover pot and cook for 14-16 minutes, until tender.
- Transfer cooked potatoes to ice bath and set aside to cool.
- Add green beans to same pot of boiling water, cover and cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Transfer green beans to ice bath and set aside.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and transfer to skillet.
- Sauté chicken on Medium-High (375°F) for 6-8 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to plate and slice on a bias.
- Place chopped lettuce on serving plate, season with salt and pepper and toss with prepared dressing.
- Top with chicken, green beans, potatoes, eggs, tomatoes, onion, anchovies and olives.
- Before cooking the vegetables, fill a large bowl halfway full of ice and add water so you have an ice bath ready to go. Using an ice bath stops the cooking process and keeps the color of the vegetables vibrant.
- If you don’t have the NuWave Twister, you can whisk the vinaigrette dressing together in a small bowl until incorporated.