Cumin Millet Pilaf
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cinnamon stick, 1-inch piece
¼ t cardamom, ground
- 3 t cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion, thin slice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c millet
- 3 c water
- Parsley, rough chop (garnish)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Set pressure cooker to "sear" and add oil. When oil is hot, add cinnamon stick, cardamom, cumin seeds, and bay leaf. Sauté for 1 minute.
Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add millet and stir to coat in oil then add water.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "multi grain", and adjust time to 1 minute.
- When done, allow pressure cooker to naturally release for 10 minutes then quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and fluff millet with a fork. Carefully fold in parsley and check seasoning. Add salt and pepper if needed.