Date Nut Bread
- 6 oz dates, chopped
1½ C water
- 1 C brown sugar
- 5 T butter, melted
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 t vanilla extract
1¼ C flour
½ t baking powder
½ C walnuts, chopped
- Add dates and water into blender jar.
Using the plunger lid, set to "Nuts" and blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Once finished, remove lid and pour mixture into a bowl.
- Add brown sugar, salt, butter, egg, and vanilla to bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Add flour and baking powder and combine thoroughly.
- Add in walnuts.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and place in a preheated oven.
Bake at 325°F for 1 hour.
- Once finished, carefully remove, let cool for 1 hour. Serve and enjoy.