Grilled Prosciutto Piadina (Flatbread)
3½ c all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ t baking soda
- 1 t sea salt, plus extra for seasoning
- ¼ oz butter (from stick), cut into ½-inch pieces (room temperature)
- 10-12 T Water
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 t lemon zest (from 2 small lemons)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 6 oz fontina cheese, (shredded)
4 oz prosciutto, thinly sliced (about 2c)
1 c fresh basil, chopped
Combine flour, baking soda, and 1t salt in bowl of an upright mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment.
Add butter and mix on low speed until incorporated, about 2 min. With the machine running, slowly add 10 to 12T water until mixture forms a dough around the hook.
Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface. Knead for 5 min. until smooth. Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces. Form into disk shapes and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place Pizza Stone in Bravo on cooking rack in position 1. Preheat the Stone at 450°F for 30 min.
On a lightly floured work surface, roll out each piece of dough into an 8- to 10-inch circle, about 1/8-inch thick. Brush dough circles with extra-virgin olive oil.
Using the Pizza Peel, place on preheated Stone. Cook at 450°F for 4 min. each side. Remove the piadina from oven to cool slightly.
- Combine ricotta cheese and lemon zest in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Spread ½ c ricotta mixture onto each flatbread. Sprinkle fontina cheese evenly over the ricotta cheese. Arrange 2 prosciutto slices on top of the cheeses.
- Cut each piadina into 8 wedges. Transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with chopped basil.