Jamaican Pork Stew
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
1-½ lbs pork loin, 1-inch cubes
- 1 plantain, peeled, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
1-½ t jerk seasoning
½ t sea salt
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 1 small yuca root, peeled, small dice
½ c dried apricots, rough chop
1-¼ c chicken stock
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, adjust time to 10 minutes, and press "start/stop". When hot, add pork, plantains, and onions.
- Add garlic, jerk seasoning, and salt. Add sweet potatoes, yuca root, apricots, and chicken stock.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "meat/stew", adjust for 8 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, natural release for 5 minutes, then quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and serve in bowls and enjoy.