Korean-Style Grilled Flank Steak
PIC Induction Cooktop
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 – 1½ pounds flank steak
- Scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
- Heat 9-inch fry pan at 300°F.
- Add seeds and toast for 2 minutes, or just until slightly golden, and remove from heat.
- Set seeds aside for garnish.
- Whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, sriracha sauce, sugar, and sesame oil.
- Marinate steak in sauce for 1 hour, or overnight.
- Heat Cast Iron Grill on Max/Sear and brush pan with oil.
- Sear steak for 1 minute on each side, then lower temperature to 300°F and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Transfer to cutting board and allow steak to rest for several minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with scallions and toasted sesame seeds and serve with Shitake Sticky Rice.
See Shitake Sticky Rice recipe for specific instructions.