Lemon Chicken & Orzo Soup
Nutri-Pot Pressure Cooker
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, medium dice
- 1 celery stalk, medium dice
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
½ c orzo pasta
- 6 c chicken stock
¼ c dill, fresh, minced
- 1 lemon, juice fresh squeezed
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Parsley, minced (garnish)
- Set the pressure cooker to "sear", press "start/stop", and add oil. When hot, add leeks and celery. Cook until tender.
- Add chicken and sear to a golden brown. Add the orzo and stock.
- Close and lock lid. Set cooker to "poultry", adjust time to 10 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening the lid.
- Carefully open lid and remove chicken. Transfer to plate. Using a fork, shred meat into small pieces.
- Return shredded chicken to cooker. Add dill and stir.
- Ladle into bowls. Squeeze half of lemon into each bowl of soup, catching the seeds.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.