Maple Bacon Baked Beans
½ lb bacon, small dice
- 1 onion, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
½ c molasses
¼ c pure maple syrup
½ c brown sugar
¾ c ketchup
1-½ T apple cider vinegar
1-½ T Worcestershire sauce
½ t sea salt
½ t chili powder
- 1 lb pinto beans, dried, rinsed, soaked overnight
Set pressure cooker to "sear", add bacon, and press start/stop. Cook bacon until fat begins to render out. Add onion and garlic. Sauté until onions are golden brown.
While onions are cooking, prepare the sauce in a mixing bowl, whisk together molasses, maple syrup, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and chili powder; set aside.
- When onions are cooked, add beans and sauce. Gently stir.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "beans", and adjust time to 25 minutes. Press start/stop.
- When done, allow pressure cooker to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and serve.