Mexican Fava Bean Soup
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
⅓ c white onions, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c tomatoes, seedless, diced
¼ c cilantro, rinsed, finely chopped
- 2 c dried fava beans
- 6 c chicken stock
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Queso fresco, crumbled (garnish)
Set pressure cooker to "sear" and adjust for 10 minutes. Add oil and press "start/stop". When hot, add onions and garlic. Sauté until onions are soft and garlic is lightly golden. Add tomatoes and cilantro and season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add fava beans and chicken stock.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "soup", adjust time to 25 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, natural release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and check seasoning. Add salt and pepper, if needed. Garnish with croûtons and crumbled queso fresco.