- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil (plus extra 4 T)
- 1 white onion, small dice
- 7 c fresh button mushrooms, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c quick-cook oats
- 1 c breadcrumbs
½ c fresh parsley, rough chop
- 2 eggs
½ t dried oregano
½ t dried thyme
¼ t sea salt
¼ t black pepper
- 3 c marinara sauce
½ c Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Fresh parsley (garnish)
Set pressure cooker to "sear" and add 3T olive oil. When hot, add onions. Sauté until onions are soft and translucent. Add mushrooms and cook until browned. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Transfer mushrooms and garlic to a bowl. Allow to cool.
- When cooled, add oats, breadcrumbs, parsley, eggs, oregano, thyme, sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper to mushrooms and garlic in bowl. Mix. Leave in bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set for 2 hrs in fridge, or overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove meatball mixture. Form individual mushroom meatballs.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", add remaining olive oil, adjust time to 15 minutes, and press "start/stop". When hot, add meatballs and sear until golden brown, cooking in batches, if necessary. When all meatballs are browned, place each in cooker. Add marinara sauce.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "steam/veggies", and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and stir in parsley. Garnish with fresh parsley and add Parmesan cheese on top (optional).