Orange Chocolate Rum Cake
Nutri-Pot Pressure Cooker
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 5 oz dark chocolate chips
- 8 T butter, softened
½ c sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t orange extract
- 2 T dark rum
- 1 T orange zest
¾ c flour
½ t sea salt
- 1 c water
- Whipped cream (garnish)
- Orange zest (garnish)
- Spray 7-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate in microwave, stirring halfway.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar until pale color develops. Add eggs one at a time and continue mixing until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla extract, orange extract, rum, and orange zest. Fold in chocolate, add flour, and salt.
- Pour batter into springform pan. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Place steamer rack in bottom of cooker. Pour in water to cooker. Set pan on top of steamer rack.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "bake", adjust time to 40 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, natural release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and remove pan from cooker. Place cake in refrigerator for at least 2 hrs.
- Before serving, top cake with whipped cream and sprinkle orange zest on top.