- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
½ t turmeric powder
¼ t cinnamon powder
¼ t nutmeg
½ t sea salt
½ t black pepper
- 1 (14.5-oz) can pumpkin puree
- 3 c chicken stock
- 1 c coconut milk
½ c pumpkin seeds, toasted (garnish)
- 2 T fresh parsley (garnish)
Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, adjust time to 10 minutes, and press "start/stop". When hot, add onions and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add turmeric, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Cool until fragrant.
- Close and lock lid and set pressure cooker to "soup". Adjust time to 5 minutes and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid. Using an immersion (stick) blender, blend the soup until smooth. Or, remove soup to regular blender or food processor and blend. Return to the pot.
- Add coconut milk and set pressure cooker to "sear" and press "start/stop" to bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes. Ladle into bowls. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and parsley.