Roasted Cornish Game Hens
2 (1½-lb) Cornish game hens, rinsed, dried thoroughly (room temperature)
- 1 T sea salt
- 2 T lemon-pepper
- 1 T dried basil
- 1 T poultry seasoning
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, large dice
- 2 stalks celery, large dice
- 1 onion, large dice
- Pat dry game hens inside and out with paper towels.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together salt, lemon-pepper, dried basil, and poultry seasoning. Rub olive oil all over hens. Season each with salt mixture. Loosely stuff cavities of each bird with green bell pepper, celery, and onions.
- Place birds in enamel roasting pan, side by side, in opposite direction of each other. Insert the Probe into the thickest part of the breast and set to 165°F.
- Preheat Bravo and set to roast for 375°F. Place in hens and cook until an internal temperature 165°F is reached.
- When done, remove birds. Loosely tent with foil and let rest 10 min. before serving.