Slow-Cook Beef Stew
- 3 lbs English-cut short ribs
- ¼ c tomato paste
- ¼ c apple cider vinegar
- 1½ t Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T paprika
- 1½ t dried herbs, any combination of thyme, oregano and rosemary
- 1 T sea salt, plus t extra, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb red potatoes, unpeeled, small dice
- 1 lb baby carrots
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley leaves (for garnish)
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together tomato paste, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and dried herbs; set aside.
Season short ribs with 1T of the salt and pepper. Press "PRESSURE COOK" then press "SEAR" at default temp of 275°F. Sear meat on all sides until browned. Remove meat and place in bowl with the tomato mixture and toss to coat. Transfer meat and tomato mixture to Inner Pot. Place Slow Cook Lid on top. Press "PRESSURE COOK" then press "PROG". Turn "START/PAUSE" dial to program 6 for Slow Cook. Press "START/PAUSE" to start the Duet.
When finished, remove the meat from broth; leave liquid in the pot. Let meat rest for approximately 1 hour. Afterward, skim fat from liquid in pot and discard.
Remove meat from the bones and return meat to broth in pot. Place onions and potatoes into broth. Place Slow Cook Lid on top. Press "PRESSURE COOK" then press "SEAR" and set to 30 min. Press "START/PAUSE" to continue cooking.
- After 15 min. add baby carrots. When finished, the Duet will turn off. Remove lid and garnish with parsley.