Spiced Short Ribs
- 3 lbs short ribs
- Sea salt
½ t freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
½ t red pepper flakes
½ t cumin
- 3 T vegetable oil
- 1 white onion, thin slice
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 c beef stock
- Cilantro leaves (for garnish)
- Lime wedges (for garnish)
In a bowl, add short ribs and season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper; set aside.
Add to a blender, add crushed tomatoes, chipotle peppers with adobo, red pepper flakes, and cumin. Blend until smooth; set aside.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear" and adjust time to 20 minutes. Add oil and place in short ribs. Sear until all sides are brown.
When done, remove to a plate; set aside.
- Add sliced onions and cook until soft. Add garlic. When onions and garlic have lightly browned, pour in tomato mixture from blender. Cook for a couple of minutes, then return short ribs to cooker and add beef stock.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "meat/stew", and adjust time to 1 hr. Press start/stop.
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid. Check to see if short ribs are tender. For the sauce, season to taste, if necessary. Serve hot and garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.