Split Pea Soup
- 1 lb split peas, cleaned
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 C chicken stock
- 8 oz ham, cubed
- Add onions and garlic to jar and close the lid.
- Using the plunger lid, pulse veggies 5-6 times until vegetables are chopped.
Sauté chopped veggies and ham in a pan for 3 minutes.
- Add carrot and water to blender and puree using plunger lid.
Pour the carrot puree in with the sautéed veggies and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the split peas and simmer for 1 hour until the peas are soft.
Pour mixture into the jar. With the plunger lid blend on "Soup" for 3 minutes. (Add more chicken stock for thinner soup, less for thicker.)
- Serve and enjoy.