Swedish Meatballs & Mashed Potatoes
¼ c milk
- 1 slice bread, cubed
- 3 T butter, divided
½ c onion, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
½ lb ground pork
½ lb ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 t sea salt
½ t fresh ground black pepper
¼ t ground allspice
¼ t ground nutmeg
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T all-purpose flour
1-½ c beef stock
¼ c heavy cream
- Chives, fine slice (garnish)
- In a bowl, add milk, bread and let it soak, set aside.
Set pressure cooker to "sear", adjust time to 10 minutes, and press start/stop. Add 2T butter, onions, and garlic. Sauté until onions are brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic to milk and bread bowl. Add pork, beef, egg, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, allspice and nutmeg and mix.
- Make 2-oz meatballs and place them on a plate. Set pressure cooker to "sear" and add oil. Adjust time to 10 minutes and press start/stop. Sear meatballs until golden brown, set aside.
- In remaining fat, add 1 T butter and all-purpose flour and whisk until cooked. Slowly add beef stock, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Add the meatballs and close and lock lid.
- Set pressure cooker to "meat/stew" and adjust time to 6 minutes. Press start/stop.
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and gently stir in heavy cream. Set pressure cooker to "sear", press start/stop, and simmer until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Plate mashed potatoes and ladle meatballs with sauce on potatoes. Top with chives.