Tuscan Ragu Pasta
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
½ lb Italian sausage (out of casings)
- 2 lbs pork shoulder, boneless, trimmed, 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, small dice
- 2 carrots, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c dry red wine
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves, fresh or dried
½ c milk
½ c fresh basil, packed, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb pappardelle pasta, cooked
- Grated Parmesan (garnish)
Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, adjust time to 15 minutes, and press "start/stop". When hot, add sausage. Sauté 2 minutes. Remove to mixing bowl, set aside.
- Season pork with salt and pepper and add to pressure cooker. Sear meat until brown, cooking in batches, if necessary. Place seared meat in same bowl with reserved sausage.
- Add onions, carrot, and garlic to cooker. Cook about 5 minutes. Add wine, scraping bottom of pot with a wooden spoon to release all the brown bits. Return meat to pressure cooker. Add tomatoes, bay leaves, and milk.
- Close and lock lid and set pressure cooker to "meat/stew", adjust time to 20 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and remove bay leaves. Stir in basil. Add cooked pasta. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve.