- 8 c vegetable stock
¼ c fresh ginger, peeled, thin sliced
- 3 T soy sauce
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
- 1 c shiitake mushrooms, dried
- 1 c shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 T brown sugar
- 2 T rice wine vinegar
- 1 t freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 6 basil stems, reserving leaves (for soup)
- 6 cilantro stems, reserving leaves (for soup)
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 2 c soybean sprouts
- 8 oz baked tofu, thinly sliced
- 2 c watercress
¾ c scallions, sliced
½ c cilantro leaves
- 1 c fresh basil leaves
- Lime wedges
- Add vegetable stock, ginger, soy sauce, garlic, mushrooms, shallots, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, ground black pepper, cinnamon sticks, star anise, basil stems, and cilantro stems.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "soup", adjust time to 20 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- While cooking, cook rice noodles according to package directions.
- When noodles are done, divide equally into 6 bowls.
- When soup is done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and strain the soup. Ladle liquid from pot into each serving bowl.
- Top soup with tofu, sprouts, watercress, scallions, cilantro, basil, and lime wedges.