Baked Macaroni & Cheese
Duet Combo Cooker
- 1 T baking soda
- 1 T ground black pepper
- ½ c lemon juice
- 1 T onion powder
- 5 c water
- 1 T powder
- 1 box (16 oz) dry elbow pasta
- 1 t mustard powder
- 1 c heavy cream
- 2 c panko or Italian bread crumbs
- 1 bag (16 oz) shredded cheese
- 1 stick (½c) butter, melted
2 T sea salt
- Place baking soda and lemon juice into the pot. Stir until dissolved. Add water and dry pasta, stirring to incorporate.
- Program the Duet for combo cooking: Press “COMBO COOK”. “pressure cook” will be displayed. Press “PRESSURE” to select low pressure. “low” will be displayed. Press “TIME”. Using the “START/PAUSE” dial, set time to 0.
- Press “COMBO COOK” a second time. “air fry” will be displayed. Set temperature to 360°F. Press “TIME” and set for 7 minutes. Now the recipe is set and ready to cook.
- Place on Duet Pressure Cooker Lid. Make sure the pressure release valve is in the “CLOSE” position.
- Press “START/PAUSE” to begin pressure cooking.
- When done, allow pressure to natural release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, quick release remaining pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the “OPEN” position.
- Carefully remove Pressure Cooker Lid when Duet has finished releasing all pressure.
- Add remaining ingredients, except bread crumbs and butter, to the pot. Stir well to melt cheese and ensure all ingredients are combined.
- In a bowl, stir together bread crumbs and melted butter. Cover mac and cheese evenly with the bread crumb mixture.
- Place on Duet air fry lid. Select “START/PAUSE” to air fry for 7 minutes. When done, serve immediately.