Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
Bravo XL Oven
- 1½ lbs. chicken breast, skinless, boneless, cut into strips
- 20 wooden skewers (soaked in water 15-30 minutes)
- Cooking spray
- 10 butter lettuce (torn in half)
- Fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- 1 c plain yogurt
- 1 t freshly grated ginger
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 T curry powder
1 c smooth peanut butter
- ¼ c low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 t sambal (red chili paste)
- 2 T dark brown sugar
- 2 limes, juice only
- ½ c hot water
- ¼ c chopped peanuts (for garnish)
For Peanut Sauce (Makes 2 c)
- Lay chicken strips out onto piece of plastic wrap. Place another piece of plastic on top. Using a meat tenderizer, pound out the strips.
- For the marinade, in a mixing bowl, combine yogurt, ginger, garlic, and curry powder. Stir. Place chicken in marinade for 2 hours in the fridge.
- For the peanut sauce, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, red chili paste, brown sugar, and lime juice in a food processor or blender. Puree to combine. While the motor is running, drizzle in hot water to thin out the sauce. (Not all water may be needed.) Pour sauce into serving bowl or small bowls. Garnish with chopped peanuts.
- Thread chicken pieces onto the soaked skewers Spray enamel baking pan with cooking spray. Cook chicken at 350°F for 2 min. until seared and cooked through.
- Serve chicken on a platter lined with lettuce leaves and cilantro. Serve with small bowl of peanut sauce on side.