- 2 c bread flour
- ½ t dry active yeast
- 1½ t sea salt
- 11 T water
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T milk, warm
- 1 c bread flour
- ⅓ c water, room temperature
- ⅛ T active dry yeast
- 2 T water, warm
- Combine yeast with 2 T of warm water. Allow to stand for a few minutes.
In a medium mixing bowl stir together yeast mixture with flour and ⅓ c water until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit at room temperature overnight. If preparing in the morning, let sit until evening or up to 24 hours.
- Using a stand mixer, combine yeast and milk. Let it sit for a few minutes until creamy.
- Add starter from above, olive oil, flour, sea salt, and 11 T water and mix for about 10 minutes until everything is incorporated.
- Lightly oil a large bowl. Transfer bread dough to bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to sit until doubled in size, up to 2 hours.
- Turn the bread dough onto a well-floured surface and cut in half. Form 2 long loaves.
- Transfer to a piece of floured parchment paper and cover with a damp paper towel. Allow them to rise again until doubled in size, up to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and place Pizza Stone on cooking rack. Heat the Stone for 45 min. to get Stone hot (before baking bread).
- Using the Pizza Peel, transfer one of the loaves to the preheated Pizza Stone in oven and bake 25 min. until golden brown. When done, using the Pizza peel, transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before slicing.