Crispy Caramel Chicken Satay
- 2 T fish sauce
- 1 T light brown sugar
- 1 T orange juice
2½ lbs. skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 20 (6-inch-long) bamboo skewers (soaked 15-30 min.)
- ¼ c white sesame seeds (toasted)
- ¼ c black sesame seeds (toasted)
⅓ c sliced almonds (toasted)
⅔ c light brown sugar
⅓ c fish sauce
⅓ c orange juice
⅓ c rice wine vinegar
- 2 T honey
- 1 T garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, minced
For Caramel Glaze
- Add fish sauce, brown sugar, and orange juice to a large bowl or container. Mix to combine.
- Place chicken pieces on skewers and add into marinade in bowl or container. Coat chicken in marinade, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
In a separate bowl, combine all caramel glaze ingredients. Mix until combined; set aside.
- Preheat Bravo and set to bake at 350°F.
- Place marinated chicken in enamel baking pan. Brush with caramel glaze. Insert Probe into chicken and set Probe to 165°F. Place on cooking rack in position 3. Bake chicken skewers at 350°F for 12-13 min. until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.
- When done, transfer skewers to a serving platter. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and almonds.
- When done, remove and cover with aluminum foil. Allow to rest for 10 min.
- While beef tenderloin is resting, in a small bowl, stir together blue cheese and crème fraîche.
Slice beef tenderloin very thinly against the grain. Spread 2t of the blue cheese mixture on each baguette slice. Top with 1t of caramelized onions and top with slice of steak. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and garnish with herb leaves.