- 5 T butter
- 1 T flour
⅔ c milk
- Sea salt
- Freshly grated nutmeg
4 (⅓-inch-thick) slices country bread
- 4 thin slices French ham
- 2 thin slices Gruyère cheese
1 T fresh chives (for garnish)
- Preheat the Bravo to 350°F.
Prepare the béchamel sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 T butter. Add flour and whisk vigorously for 1 min. Slowly whisk in milk until smooth. Bring up to a boil and cook until thick. Remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and nutmeg.
- Spread two slices of bread generously with sauce. Lay two slices of ham on top of each and top with a slice of cheese. Ham and cheese should slightly overlap edges of bread. Top each with a slice of bread.
- Brush with remaining melted butter, on both sides of sandwiches. Place sandwiches in preheated round roasting pan cook until bread is toasted dark and cheese is coming out and bubbling.
Remove sandwiches, but leave roasting pan in oven. Set Bravo to 350°F. Add 1 T butter to pan. Crack two eggs into pan. Cook for 2 min. Let it sit 1 min. in oven to set the egg.
- Slide one fried egg onto each sandwich. Season with salt, pepper, and chives and serve.