Fish and Chips
- 3 Idaho potatoes, ¼-inch sticks
- ¼ C extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Sea Salt
- 2-¾ C cornflakes, crushed
- 3 egg whites
- 1-½ lbs white fish, boneless, skinless, 3-inch pieces
- Sea salt
- Black pepper, ground
- Cooking spray
Place Cooking Rack in position 3. Place the Baking Pan on the Cooking Rack and preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place potatoes, oil, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and coat the potatoes.
- When the Baking Pan is hot and the oven is preheated, carefully remove the Baking Pan and layer the potatoes on the Baking Pan evenly.
- Place the Baking Pan with potatoes in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and crispy. Turn half way through cooking to ensure even browning.
- While the chips cook, place a Baking Pan on top of another Cooking Rack and spray with cooking spray.
- Add cornflakes to a mixing bowl along with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine egg whites and a pinch of salt and whisk until frothy.
- Dip the fish into the egg whites and then coat in cornflakes to cover. Place fish on Baking Pan and place on Cooking Rack on position 1 of the oven.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish is golden brown and crisp. Serve with chips, lemon wedges and tartar sauce (optional).