Sausage and Peppers
Medley Digital Skillet
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds Italian sausage (about 10 links)
- 1 red onion, diced into 1-inch squares
- 2 red peppers, seeded and large diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and large diced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Set Skillet to 400ºF and place oil in Skillet, followed by the Italian sausage. Sear on all sides, then set aside.
- Add onion, peppers, and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Cut links into 1-inch coins and place back in Skillet.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, chili and wine, then reduce to 275ºF.
- Cover with lid and simmer for 35 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked.
- Add lemon juice, parsley and top with salt and pepper.