Medley Digital Skillet
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds boneless skinless, chicken breasts cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups uncooked short-grain white rice
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-quart chicken stock
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound of mussels
- ½ cup fresh Italian leaf parsley, chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Mix in chicken, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Set Skillet to 300ºF and add 2 tablespoons olive oil then garlic, and bell pepper and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add rice, saffron, bay leaf, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, and stir to incorporate.
- Set Skillet to 350ºF, then add chicken and chicken stock and mix to incorporate.
- Cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until chicken reaches 165ºF.
- Add in shrimp and mussels and continue cooking for 8-10 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir frequently.
- Add parsley and serve.