- 1 (3-4 pound) beef chuck roast, trim off fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons barbeque rub
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- Sea salt to taste
- 8 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2 jalapeños, minced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup lager beer
- 32 ounces low sodium beef broth
- 2 cups water
- In a bowl, mix dry spices to beef and let sit for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Set Skillet to 400ºF, add bacon and cook until brown and crispy.
- Reduce to 300ºF and add in beef to brown all sides.
- Add onion, garlic, and jalapeños and sauté for 8 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and stir to incorporate.
- Add beer and tomatoes, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add broth, stir to incorporate, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes or until beef is tender.
Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, or chopped chives.