½ c flour
- 1 t sea salt
½ t freshly ground black pepper
2 lbs veal, trimmed, 1-½-inch cubes
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
½ c yellow onions, small dice
1-½ t oregano, dried
1-½ t rosemary, dried
1-½ t thyme, dried
½ c sweet red wine
- 2 (15-oz) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (4 inches)
- 1 bay leaf
¼ c red wine vinegar
- 1 T sugar
½ t nutmeg, ground
- 1 lb pearl onions
In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Place veal pieces in mixture. Toss well to coat. Remove excess four; set veal aside.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", adjust time to 20 minutes, and add oil. When hot, add veal cubes, cooking in batches, if necessary. Add more oil, if needed. Set browned veal aside.
- Add garlic, yellow onions, oregano, rosemary, and thyme.
Sauté for 5 minutes until onions are translucent. Pour in sweet red wine. Simmer for an additional 2 minutes. Add tomatoes (with juice), cinnamon stick, bay leaf, red wine vinegar, sugar, and nutmeg. Stir to combine. Return veal to cooker.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "meat/stew", and adjust time to 10 minutes.
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and add pearl onions. Allow pearl onions to warm and slightly cook. Serve.