Vegetable Pot Pie
2-½ c vegetable stock, divided
- 2 T cornstarch
- 8 oz mushroom caps, sliced thin
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 3 carrots, peeled, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 celery stalks, small dice
- 1 lb russet potatoes, peeled, medium dice
- 1 yellow onion, small dice
- 1 c peas, frozen
- 1 c corn, frozen
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
½ c heavy cream
¼ c chives, chopped small
- 8 biscuits (from can in refrigerator or from freezer)
- Cooking spray
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Lightly spray pot with cooking spray.
In a bowl, combine ½ c of the vegetable stock with cornstarch. Whisk well; set aside.
- In the cooker, add mushroom caps, thyme sprigs, carrots, garlic, bay leaves, celery, potatoes, onions, sea salt, and ground pepper.
- Pour in remaining 2c vegetable stock. Stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Cover with glass lid. Set to "slow cook" and adjust for 5 hrs.
- After 4 hrs, check every one-half hr to ensure sauce is not getting too thick. The sauce will thicken and vegetables will soften.
- Add peas, corn, vinegar, cream, and chives the last 30 minutes of cooking. Stir to combine.
- During the last 30 minutes, prepare and cook biscuits as directed on package. Before serving, stir. Remove bay leaves and sprigs of thyme. Top with cooked biscuits and serve.