Air Roasted Chicken
- 4lb. whole chicken, giblets and neck removed
- 3T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels before placing it in a bowl and coating it in oil. Season the chicken with salt, black pepper, and lemon juice, then fill the cavity of the chicken with the garlic and rosemary. Place the Grill on the Grill/Griddle Rack and then place the prepared chicken on the Grill.
- Press Menu, then turn the Select dial to Menu Preset 75. Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating Stage 1 (Air Roast at 375˚F with 40% Rear Heat, 30% Top Heat, 30% Bottom Heat, and Fan Speed 2).
- Once the oven has preheated, it will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds, and then beep once to give you time to insert your food. Open the oven Door and slide the Grill/Griddle Rack into Position 1. Insert the Probe into the thickest part of the chicken breast and close the oven Door begin Stage 1 to an internal Probe temperature of 80˚F. Once the oven has finished Stage 1 it will beep once and move on to Stage 2 (Air Roast at 350˚F with 40% Rear Heat, 30% Top Heat, 30% Bottom Heat, and Fan Speed 2) to an internal Probe temperature of 155˚F. Once Stage 2 has finished the oven will double beep three times.
- Open the oven Door and remove the chicken, leaving the Probe in to monitor carryover cooking to 165°F. When the carryover target temperature is reached, the oven will beep three times and display “END”.
- Carve the chicken and serve.